Did you know you can submit maintenance requests online?
In the case of an emergency, call or email us. Otherwise, please make all inquiries through the tenant portal so that we can better respond to and track your maintenance requests.
Don’t have a tenant portal? Click the get started icon and submit your information for an activation link.
Smoke Detector: Beeps/won’t work when tested; Check/replace battery
Outlets/Switches: Won’t work; Check/reset breakers, Check/reset all GFI, Turn on wall switch
Garbage Disposal: Won’t work; Unplug and ensure is free of debris, push reset button located on bottom of unit
Hot Water Heater: Is not heating; Check pilot light, Check thermostat
Plumbing: Leaking; Turn off water at fixture, turn off water at supply line and notify WSPM immediately
Toilet: Plugged; Plunge toilet and test
Heater: Not working; Check thermostat, check circuit breaker; ensure that furnace covers are in place
Air Conditioner: Not working; Check circuit breaker, replace air return filters
Dishwasher: Will not drain; Ensure water recovery area is free of debris
Electricity: No power; Check circuit breakers, push them to the “Off” position and then to “On” position, Check all GFI in home, Call electric service provider
“Emergencies” are defined as problems that require immediate attention to protect you and your family from harm, and to avoid damage to your property, home or lot. These problems include:
1. A total stoppage of the plumbing drain system. If your plumbing system ceases to work, then none of your sinks, tubs, or toilets will function properly. Partial stoppages or loss of functions are not considered emergencies.
If stoppage of a particular toilet or drain occurs during the first 30 days of occupancy, Willow Street Property Management will arrange to clear the stoppage. The tenant will be billed if the stoppage is determined to have been caused by the tenant. Beyond the initial 30 days, it will be the responsibility of the homeowner to schedule with the plumber to research any drainage or main-line backup problem.
2. A water leak which requires that the water supply in your home be shut off to avoid serious water damage. A leak which can be isolated by the shutoff valves under the cabinet or plumbing fixture is not an emergency. If you have a water leak which cannot be isolated you should immediately shut off the main supply line to the home. The water main is usually located in a vault below ground level near the front curb of your home. We will not be responsible for any consequential damages as a result of your failure to take immediate protective or corrective action.
3. A total electrical failure. Partial electrical failures are not considered an emergency. Community power outages are not the responsibility of this management company.
4. Loss of heating or air conditioning during extreme weather conditions. Many homes have “dual-zone” heating and cooling. Loss of operation of only one of the heating and cooling units is not considered an emergency.
5. A natural gas leak.
6. Major roof leaks.
7. Any situation that endangers the occupants of the home.
In case of emergency, your first step should be to protect yourself and others in the home from harm. Once you are sure of their safety, and if your safety will not be jeopardized, you should take steps to correct or lessen the effects of the emergency.
Do not delay in reporting an emergency. You are responsible for protecting your real and personal property in the event of an emergency. Willow Street Property Management will not be responsible for any consequential damages caused by a tenant’s failure to protect their personal property.
In the event of an emergency that meets the criteria listed above, call (951) 252-8088 or (951) 252-8083 and leave a detailed message including your telephone number, address, and a brief description of the emergency.
If your situation does not fall within the emergency guidelines, you should use the procedures outlined for requesting non-emergency service. If you believe that a delay in responding to your claim could result in further damage, please call or email.